TME Tuesday: Time to Write the Music

I have so many half-written songs in my ideas book that need to be formalized and released, but I have had little to no interest in doing that recently. It is time to get that project going, and I have a new system to help me accomplish this particular task!! (See yesterday's post if this statement is confusing.) Many of the half-written songs that are waiting to be completed are done in every aspect except setting the songs into professional looking notation. All I need to do is use my notation software to finish these tasks.

Perhaps that will be my focus for this morning. I am interested in leaving my house, and I am thinking that I might want to try working somewhere else. The library seems to be a good fit for what I want to try, but I am hesitant to go. I don't know why I am hesitant, but I am. Fear of the unknown, I guess.

All I know is that I am feeling antsy while at home. There are too many things that need to be done in order for me to concentrate the way I could somewhere else where those piles of laundry are not staring me in the face. My business also purchased a new laptop for this very purpose - portability and ease in working away from home.

So, today might be the day I screw up my courage and head to the library to try and get some work done. We will see...

Either way, some music has to be notated today.

I spent some of yesterday putting together a new system for project planning and accomplishment. It includes color-coding by project type and the need for trackers. I do not have the trackers finished yet, but that might be part of what I work on while at the library. Making trackers and notating songs. 

I have to remember to take my headphones so I don't bother other people when working out my rhythmic notation. It seems like I will be going to the library to check out books and find a place to work for a bit. The best thing is that I don't have to do this again if it isn't something that I can handle, and then I will know whether to do it again. My sister just suggested that I make this a part of my regular routine. If that is the case, then I will need to change my usual book collection to just one or two books rather than ten books at a time. Having less library books at home would encourage me to go to the library more often which would help me get more work done. It may work. We will see.

Back to today's topic - writing music. I have my D&D dice to help with inspiration if I get stuck. I have my D&D explanation sheet to help me interpret what the dice are telling me to do. I need to take my blank sheet music book, my idea book, headphones, and my laptop with me. I also need to add a pencil and good eraser to my idea book along with some of the good pens.

Before I can go to the library, though, I have to get the songs together so I can work on them once I settle in at a desk in the sunshine.

It's time to write the music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's Always Something...

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals

Going on a Squeegee Hunt