Fun Friday: Last Minute Coordination
Today is the day before one of the biggest things I have attempted solo in my small business journey - the day before a brand new conference! To say that I am thrilled, terrified, and absolutely counting on this experience becoming something that I just do from now on is an understatement. I am hoping that things will go off without a hitch, but I have contingency plans -- just in case!
If this was a physical conference where we were going to sit in the same room and do things, then there would be many more things to coordinate, but this is an online conference so there isn't that much to do before things get started tomorrow morning. That is the benefit of doing online conferences, most of the work is done before the conference starts and then you go into monitoring mode.
This will be the first conference where I am acting without a group helping out. That is a bit concerning, but like I said, I have contingency plans. This is where being part of the Online Conference for Music Therapy pays off.
As I go through the next 28 hours, my stress level will climb, my gut responses will increase into discomfort mode, and I will be more restless than usual. This is also part of my routine before conferences and presentations. I will not sleep well (that is already happening), and I will be full of "what if" thoughts.This happens all the time, but it is also part of my performance routines. The nerves make me feel sharper, I guess.
To keep myself going, I will probably leave my house for a short period of time today. I will also move things from one place to another in an attempt to feel organized while I am running presentations, monitoring the chat, and keeping myself on topic for most of the session.
I am finding my lack of outside activities a bit frustrating, but I also don't want to leave home. I need some organized things to do and go to during my week so I get around others. Next weekend is another crop weekend, and I am looking forward to seeing some of the people who have been there before. After that, I have the potential for jury duty, so I might meet some other people at that point. We will see if I even get called. I have to be available for two weeks, just in case I am needed. It is a frustration, but that's the way things go at times.
Will I make some time for paper crafts today? Probably. I have three themed journals to complete - winter, Christmas, and turtle themes. I also have my sing about songs editions to continue. I have set two of my three daily priority tasks, and I have one more to designate before the end of the morning. I was able to finish two priority tasks yesterday. That was about it for tasks yesterday. Today has to be a focused day.
Time to look at my checklist to see what I still need to do before I go into conference mode. There is a different set of skills that are needed to run a conference than to plan the conference or to do a presentation. It will be time to head into conference facilitation mode by tomorrow morning when I wake up. Before that, though, I need to get my brain organized.
So, off to do that. See you tomorrow? Who knows??

Comments
Post a Comment