TME Tuesday: I'm Going Back to the Dice!!

So, here is the deal.

I have come up with a system to boost my creativity when it comes to writing therapeutic music experiences (TMEs). Of course, I can't upload the video file that I just put together to get you to see what I'm talking about, so this entire post is just a practice in futility. Ugh.

Anyway, my dice have dictated that I write a chant that focuses on motor skill development, in an AB form, using Orff/Keyboard instruments, for the month of November, and working additionally on oral motor and speech skills. I also rolled that I should do things in the key of F, but that has nothing to do with a chant, so that dice result is moot! (Thank goodness!)

Gak!

While this has been a good way to help spur my creativity when it comes to writing TMEs, this is not the best time to be engaging in this practice. I will work on it a bit more this afternoon after my five sessions are finished. I tweaked my finger (the one that's been broken twice by clients) yesterday. I will have to wear my glove today to support that finger. I wish I knew what I did to it so I could avoid it again, but that won't happen.

The dice dictate, and I obey.

So, let's start the brainstorming session. 

Chant - motor skills/oral motor and speech foci - verse and chorus form - November - use the Orff/keyboard for the chant...

November - Thanksgiving, Veteran's Day, Fall, gratitude, giving thanks, crunchy leaves, turkeys.

I like the idea of doing something turkey based - not necessarily anything other than turkeys - turkey trot!

Turkey, turkey, turkey, trot! Trot, trot, trot, until you stop! Turn around, play a tune, hide because it's Thanksgiving soon!

Gobble quietly as you can! Stay away from the farmer's pan!

Well, that's going to take some more work. Here's what I'm envisioning - several Orff instrument stations, some scarf covered chairs, and several turkey gobble instruments - you know the ones, right? Perhaps a farmer picture or a person acting as the farmer during the game.

Like I said, a bit more thinking about all of this.

Go to my TPT store and download the FREE TME creativity Template!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt