Saturday - Figuring Things Out for the Future?

It is Saturday again, and I am two hours away from a video meeting with a friend who is also a music therapist and four hours away from getting a new tire. In that time, I have to blog, shower, clean out the car, and eat something for breakfast.

I had some homework to do before meeting, and I did it, but I decided that my health will not allow me to do what I want to do. It involves an evening class that I just will not be able to do due to my work and medication schedules. After the response to later medication ingestion from the past two weeks, I know that I cannot dedicate six weeks of late night Tuesdays that will affect my early morning Wednesdays, but I did write out my responses to the application questions. That helped me think about what I want to do next.

Are you ready?

I want to do everything I possibly can to support music therapists, students, and interns in doing their jobs. This has always been my mission - for my website, for my business, for everything that I am passionate about. I want to make tools that help music therapists manage the non-music therapy tasks. I want to share ideas and therapeutic music experiences, but I also want to facilitate inspiration and collaboration to take those ideas and TMEs past what I can develop into what clients really need. I want to show music therapists how easy it is to make things that they can use with their clients to enhance music therapy. I want to teach others how to do this, but I do not want to be a professor. I want to be a nomad, teaching and supporting therapists all over the world. I want to do a combination of in-person and virtual supports. I want to make enough money to support my pension but not to make this a full-time situation. I want to be the support that someone else needs, and I want to be available for those therapists when they need it. I want to help other music therapists recognize and pivot from burn-out.

My next step is to figure out how to do this, and I need help.

How would you go about telling music therapists about these types of things?? 

I don't do a good job with this part of it all. I don't have much money for buying advertisements or that type of thing, but I can use my social media knowledge (not much there, actually) to share information. The problem is that I just feel like I am screaming into a void when I try to get to my intended audience. 

I just don't know how to go from having resources to getting them out to others.

Now, I am getting a bit better with this. I am getting less shy about letting folks know about my available works when people are asking for resources in my various feeds. I have made about $20 this year through one source. Not enough to supplement my pension, for sure, but enough to keep me dreaming about getting more activity in my store.

So, I think my next assignment will be to start contacting people about what I want to share. Oi. That just makes me feel queasy. 

Okay. I will be looking for help, and I am going to spend some time getting advertisements ready for my products. I am going to figure out who to contact in various places regarding a workshop about preparing for internship.

Time to get going on my to-do list. Lots to think about and lots to do! See you tomorrow - I have a brand new song (it is very silly) to debut tomorrow for my Sunday Song post! 

Enjoy your Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt