Time to Figure Things Out
I am finally starting to feel better after six weeks of being really sick. I don't know if this is because I am actually getting better or if it is because I am currently at home rather than in a building that is hot, old, and has a history of significant water leaks, but I am grateful that I am feeling better. As a result of my returning energy and the prospect of a week away from work to rest, I am evaluating all sorts of things right now.
I was up really late last night. I spent some time making some plans for new communication binders for my music therapy room. When I woke up a bit ago, I found myself contemplating what sorts of things I want to do today for my music therapy business interests. I am welcoming this renewed interest in thinking about more than just what I am going to do in the next ten hours. It is nice to have some interest in things again.
This renewal of creative energy coincides with my mid-summer break from work. I have an entire week of resting with nothing to do but think about this next year. My new contract with my school district started yesterday, so this is my new year celebration - I know that most folks do these things when the calendar year starts, but not me. I am starting my new journal today, and I am feeling like I can devote some energy towards clearing spaces in my home while thinking about new opportunities.
I always have plans. I always have goals. I always have quests, but I do not always have the energy or impetus to move forward towards my desired outcomes. If my health continues to improve as it has in the last three days, then I might be able to move forward on my quests and get something done.
The week ahead is going to be a time for contemplation and action. I have a list of little chores that I have wanted to get done - things like securing the silverware container in the drawer so it doesn't slip when I open the drawer and making breakfast sandwiches. I got the car washed during my last trip to work, so I can scrape off the old registration stickers before I put the new one on the back of my car. I want to get a haircut. I have to prepare for the World Congress of Music Therapy which happens at the end of this month. I want to keep working towards my ultimate goal of organization and a place for everything and everything in its place.
I like that my brain is moving towards making plans. It has been a long time since I have been in anything other than survival mode. Let's hope it continues. Thanks for being here...
Comments
Post a Comment