Thankful Thursday: HVAC Systems

It is Thursday again, and it is my last Thursday at work until August 10th. My room was a toasty 79.8 yesterday when I left it, and I have a hoarse quality to my speaking voice right now. I am trying really hard not to be angry about the fact that this CONTINUES to be a problem, but it is difficult when I am not feeling well. I am not happy about getting  to spend another day in very hot temperatures with clients who are unable to regulate their own temperatures well, but it is only one day...so, I guess I will go. Only one more day. After all of this, I can have some time away and in better atmospheric conditions...

Time is getting away from me. I have only three days before I head off towards 15 hours of traveling to get to my destination. I cannot get anywhere from where I am at the moment without more than one flight. So, my travel day will be a long one, starting before dawn, and not ending until after my regular dinner time. Fortunately, I have lots of time between flights in airports, so I will not have to rush anywhere. I can take my time getting from gate to gate. I will spend time finding food at each of my stops because it will be a long day to go without food. My to-do list is not diminishing, but I will have two days to get things done. 

Tomorrow, the guy comes to cut down the weeds under the tree that I didn't know I owned. That will take a bit of time out of my day, but that's okay. Since I don't have to do the work, I can justify the cost and the time investment. I hope that this ends up being part of my gardener's regular routine from now on. We will see - fortunately, it is the same guy, so that works well for me. This should get the city off my back. I will keep up the maintenance from now on - now that I know it is my mine to keep up.

Other than that appointment, I have nothing to do except get ready for my trip. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all - I have to get a jumpdrive to use to share my presentation the day before. No cloud downloads here! I can do that without any problem, but I need to bring a jumpdrive. Add that to the list! I also need to print out a copy of my presentation to help me while I am presenting. I want to go over the clothing that I have been hoarding from the laundry for this trip. I need to make sure that I have enough options for the entire trip and things that will help with temperature variations. (My entire life seems to be set around temperature variations these days!) I also have to get my meds arranged and my toiletries and all that. I really want to have a light suitcase that has to be hauled up and around several airports, so I am trying hard not to overpack. I have to remember a charger - I have all the cords that any of us will need, but I need the adaptor. Lots of stuff in my brain right now - I will be using my journal to help me with this.

The other things that I am having to consider are my journals. I don't want to take everything, but I need to take three with me. The first is my regular journal. That is where I am storing all of my trip details, all of the conference details, and my spending. I have a memory journal that I want to take. One of my ways of relaxing is to put things into this journal. I made it last March out of some boxes and the wrapping paper that most of my gifts came in. It is really cute, and I am looking forward to collecting thoughts, memories, and ephemera to stick in those pages. The last journal that I want is my music therapy continuing education journal. While I will not be using any of the conference proceedings for continuing education this summer, I like keeping all of my notes together. So, my notes journal is packed as well. I also have to consider the pens that I want to take. So many options, so little space in my bags!

Anyway, I am not sure how much I will be blogging in the next couple of weeks. It might be all the time, it might not. I am looking forward to being around other music therapists again, and I am hoping that that things that I am going to see will inspire me as a MT professional. See some of you soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA