Sometimes It's the Little Things

I spent a long weekend laminating things and that's about it. I don't think I left my apartment other than taking trash out since Thursday evening. I took a couple of naps, made some food, wrote a bit, and spent time reading books and working on my Portuguese. It was a quiet weekend. 

I think this is the best part of being grown up and being an introvert at the same time. I enjoy time on my own (most of the time) and I can keep myself occupied with the stuff that I have available to me (again, most of the time). I did spend a bit more money this weekend than I usually do - darn that Amazon, but it was a good weekend.

I often find that three-day weekends are more relaxing and productive for me than a week and a half off. It is strange, but by Sunday, I am often ready to head back to work. I get bored being at home and want to head out and be around people. When I have longer breaks, I get over that boredom and find things to do at home. I get into a napping groove and just don't want to go back to work. I want to stay home for as long as possible. That feeling doesn't happen on long weekends. There isn't enough time to get into the napping groove, so I am ready to head out into the world again.

I am leading one group and one individual session today. My intern has three groups to lead today (it's a time thing - my group is worth two of her groups), and then we will do supervision/consultation and clean up the music therapy room. I am going to introduce my two summer themes to my group today. I hope they get into the idea of the mystery to solve. I think this group will - they tend to be pretty enthusiastic about everything presented to them in music therapy. I hope they do because I really want to do this mystery thing - it seems like so much fun! I'm nervous about it.

I think I have everything I need for the day. The laminated pieces for my sessions are in the June box. The June box is by my backpack and my purse. The only thing left to pack is my phone, and then I can get out the door for the next 12 hours. I think I am put together...

I have a happy hour Zoom meeting with friends from my childhood today. We are doing this every so often, and I am loving the chance to see and talk to my oldest friends. We natter on about politics, parents, kids, schools, memories, and all sorts of things. I am hoping that I will feel energetic enough to clean off part of my desk before the Zoom starts so things feel a bit less cluttered around here. I will also bring in my latest prayer shawl to keep my fingers busy if cleaning doesn't really work for me. I have laundry to do and also to fold. There are plenty of things to do once I get home, but I do not often have the energy to move. I am hoping to change that through staying out of my bedroom until bedtime, but I say that all the time in the morning and by late afternoon, I am so sore that I just can't. I have changed some of the things that are in my house to help me with not falling asleep too early, and I am tracking these things. I did not take a nap yesterday, and I was up until after 9pm. I woke up once last night to use the bathroom and then slept until about 3:15am. I kept my eyes closed until my light went on and then started the day. That was the end to a good weekend. It was quiet, but I never complain about things being quiet. I need some of that when I am busy during the week.

It is time to head out into the world of making music, and I feel ready. We will see how I feel about it all this evening, but for now, I am ready. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt