It Is Here...

The last day of break is upon me, and I am gearing up for a one day work week this week. That's right, we are doing a one day work week this week. I go back to do music therapy on Thursday and then have a three day weekend immediately after. This is due to contract year starting dates and ending dates and how things have happened, but we have a one day work week. It makes me laugh.

Anyway, I was able to make some more meals to freeze for later this month yesterday after picking up a grocery order. I went to look at houses and then got overwhelmed and had a panic attack about one of them and then waffled when asked if I wanted to put in an offer and then decided not to do it because the panic attack seemed to be a signal that this was not for me! It would have meant a lateral move in terms of size and space, and that is not what I want for my new home. Also, I couldn't really visualize cats in the space...

I started today off with a late rising. I took a late nap yesterday afternoon, so I was unable to sleep last night for a long time. I kept waking and just didn't get to sleep until early this morning, so I just went with it. After all, it is still break! I actually got out of bed around 6:30 this morning, but that was after about an hour and half of scrolling through social media, doing my daily language practice, and watching miniaturists putting together various dollhouses. It has been a good morning so far. I have a hand doctor's appointment later this morning that is going to keep me from doing much, but I will set alarms so that I can make sure to get there with not too much time to spare.

It is almost time for a "What's in the Box?" post for my June themes and materials. I opened the box and found a surprise! More about that on Friday morning. (It wasn't an icky surprise, by the way!) I have almost finished my visual aids for my Notation Neighborhood. I will be laminating those elements and getting things set up in my room on Thursday for that theme and the other theme that I am going to be doing this summer - "Where did all the C's go?" This will be a labor intensive summer, but I am enjoying the process of putting together the visuals. I am almost ready to put everything together for a Teachers Pay Teachers release. Whoo-hoo!

At the start of this break, I tried REALLY hard not to set goals for what things would look like at this point. I have cleared out some stuff, organized some other stuff, brought in more stuff, and have just been in my space. I am not quite ready to be back at work, but it is inevitable, so I am sucking it up and just going to do it. It helps that there is only one day this week, but it is also strange to be only working one day. I am not even sure who I will be seeing in music therapy tomorrow...

I have a NEW schedule!! I can take down the schedule stars that have been on my wall for a year now - the ones that showed me what time each session ended! All sessions start and end on either the hour or the half hour now! Hallelujah!! It's amazing how much brain power is taken up by trying to remember during a session whether this group is here on their 10:20 dismissal day or on their 10:50 dismissal day. No two groups or two days had the same schedule - it was ridiculous!! That will change tomorrow. The schedule will calm down significantly. I know that I have sessions from 9-10, 10-10:30, 10:30-11, 12:30-1, and 1-1:30 every day. There are some others tucked in here and there, but most are within those time frames. Things are getting back to my sort of logic, and I like it! I am a bit concerned with the lack of bathroom breaks for two hours, but I will figure it out without complaining because I got my hour/half-hour time frames again!!

Last night, I got a slight urge to play my guitar. I resisted the urge because I was already in bed and didn't want to get out, but it is good that the urge is back. I also fiddled around with a voice recording app on my Kindle that worked very well! I am ready to try some new things and am ready to get going on some music projects. There is a rumor that I will have a new Promethean board sometime in either July or August, so I need to start thinking about how to incorporate more technology into my music therapy sessions. Apps are one way to go, but there are so many others. I just wonder if I will have the time to put things together...

I am resigned to the fact that it is time to go back to work. I wish that I had a bit more time to get well and truly bored with being a person of leisure, but that will not happen, so I might as well just be resigned to the fact that I will be heading to work tomorrow morning to do work things with work people.

Happy Wednesday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt