I Can See the Light at the End of the Tunnel

Five more days. Three and a half days of therapy left before the end of the regular school year. I have a suspicion that the last, inservice day will be a "work from home" type of day, so possibly only four more days of commuting to my workplace. My plans for this week are to do some leisure discussions and light songwriting with a possible dance party for those that are up to it. We seem to have a stomach something going around, so there may not be many folks interested in dancing. We will see if anyone wants to dance - they may just want to do some entrainment work and relax.

This will probably be the longest week of this year so far. It usually is. There is something about anticipation that makes psychological time shift and warp and just become surreal in all sorts of ways. It makes me think about Dali's clock painting. I just learned that particular painting is called "The Persistence of Memory" and was painted in 1931. Learn something new everyday, right? Time concepts become fuzzy and the day just lingers and lengthens when you think about it.

It is raining again. There is a rumor that we might have relatively sunny skies today and tomorrow. The people in charge of putting the graduation ceremony together are hoping that things are just too soggy to be putting things together outside at the ranch. We are pulling for a gym ceremony as in years past. If not, I am going to be figuring out how to run electrical cords over the water-saturated ground so that people can hear the music. They didn't go for my kazoo rendition of Pomp and Circumstance for some reason.

There isn't much on the agenda outside of work things this week except for lots of Zoom things - I am going to talk to my friends from elementary, junior and senior high schools tonight and to a potential intern on Thursday. I will also Zoom with my family members on Sunday night to celebrate my Aunt's and my Father's birthdays. This is the first birthday without Dad, so my Aunt is struggling a bit. We are going to celebrate him on the day before their birthdays. I want to get her something to commemorate their birthday, but I am not sure what to get for her. They had a close relationship, and I know that she is feeling his loss deeply right now. Oh, I also have a breakfast with a friend on Saturday.

My mother wants me to watch the Tom Hanks movie about Mr. Rogers. She agrees with me that I will cry throughout (because that man was one of the most major influences in my life and I always cry when I watch things about him) so I am saving that for this upcoming break where I can cry for a long time and not have to worry about hiding puffy eyes at work the next day.

For the moment, though, I need to get ready to go to work. Let's hope that the credit card will work at the gas station this morning - it didn't work yesterday, but interestingly, they are charging me for the attempts...

Happy week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt