Day Three and Monthly Goal Check In - How is the New System Working??

It is a bit past the halfway part of my new monthly goal setting process. I decided last month that it might be better if I set goals in the midst of my angsty cycle rather than in my energetic cycle. So, I sat down on the 15th to set some goals for this month. I have been working on three different goals - one was to get gifts for my family members to my family members - I'm at about 65% done with that one - 9 days to go to accomplish that goal. My other two goals are not as time bound or as time specific. The first goal is to make Saturdays a true day of rest. I no longer have a day in my schedule where I have no work obligations at all. I am trying to get my part-time job obligations going before Saturday. I am not doing well with this goal. I have not managed to get my video work done before Saturdays yet. The last goal is to declutter. One of my goals will always be to declutter. This goal has actually been helped significantly by the entire other topic of this post - working from home.

Yesterday, day three of my newest work schedule, was a day of evaluation and thinking. I didn't do any filming yesterday. I did clean off my desk and rearranged it so that there is now space for me, my projects, the cat, and my journals. I'm pretty proud of that bit of decluttering, but there is still more to go. I have started the process of making specific work zones in my home. I have a video taping zone, a project zone, the computer zone, and a brainstorming zone. There is still lots of stuff to be rearranged and organized, but I feel like I have a handle on what I want from this time away from my clients. I also found the blue light setting on my monitor, so I have put that filter on my computer and I think I can feel a difference here. I did not have the same sort of headache yesterday that I had on days 1 and 2. I'm not entirely sure if that is due to the shift in my light filters or the change in the type of work that I did yesterday, but I do feel better today than I did yesterday when I woke up. This is an interesting time for me...

Today was the release date of my latest sing about mini edition. sing about march is in the inboxes of my subscribers. I had fun putting the packet together, but I realized that I haven't written many new TMEs lately. I have also been finding lots of half-done ideas that are written on snippets of paper. It is time to finish those up and get some new TMEs to use with my clients. I will make this a priority next week on the work from home days - finishing up TMEs that have been created and then set aside.

Overall, I think that I have made some progress on my monthly goals - at least, I have remembered that I have monthly goals - that's a positive effect of changing my timing for goal setting. I have also done a bit of what I intended to do - whoo hoo! I will try this again around the 15th this month as well. I will continue to work on my Saturday of rest and the decluttering thing, but I think I will add a musictherapyworks.com specific goal as well. There may be some others that will pop up, but I want to keep my focus pretty narrow. Three seems to be the best number for me.

I am finding it a bit easier to recognize progress at this point in my month - I think it is because this mid (sorta) point corresponds to the highest peak of my energy cycle. I can also work on my commitment to work on those goals because I am feeling pretty good about my own progress. We will see if I have the same sort of feelings next month. Who knows, but this is an interesting premise for me to explore. I now have lots of time to think about it...

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals