Moving the Post-Its

I spent some time yesterday accomplishing some of the goals that were on my September-October 30 day goal list. They were finished two days after that deadline which is REALLY great for me - I usually just let those deadlines whoosh by me. This is one that I am trying to take very seriously. I started the submission process for one of the courses that I've developed, and I decided to wait until closer to the new year to submit the other one. This is due to the approval process which lasts 365 days. So, I have finished the information and now am waiting to submit at a time that will benefit myself and others most. I feel good about all of this.

I am almost ready to move my post-it flags from the top of the page to the next page - the one reserved for finished tasks. The next set of post-it notes will move to the top of the page so I can see them. Simple little system, but it works for me!

I have also set my next 90 day goals into my planner and my thought process. I feel really silly when "duh" moments happen to me, and this was one of them. A 30-60-90 day process doesn't stop when the 90 days are over - you can continue them! Do a NEW 30-60-90 day goal setting process. I feel silly about all of this not being obvious to me, but it is now, so I'll sally forth with a bit of shame and more confidence than before!

My current challenge is to keep up the forward momentum. I tend not to do things consistently, so that is part of my procrastination issue. I get to a deadline and have lots of things to do - things that can be finished without tons of attention, but things that take time and effort to accomplish. I tend to use my high energy times to finish things up. Maybe some more dedicated deadlines and timelines will help me out. Maybe not. This is what I am currently exploring - ways to get things done without the last minute, "I'm past my deadline" panicky feelings of failure and self-criticism.

For now, I am going to move those post-its with a bit of ceremony. I think I will squeal a bit or just take some mindful moments to appreciate that I accomplished my goals for the month. Then it will be time to move forward on the next set of goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt