Today is the Day - Conference Day!!

On this day, all roads lead to conference!
Today is the day that the Midwestern region conference begins, and I am sort of ready. I have all the pieces that I need to have in various places. I have about 8 hours until the conference officially starts, and I have a list of to-do's that's about 15 things long. All of these things are needed in order to get myself pulled together, but none of them are extremely difficult to do - they're things like take a shower, put on makeup, address the eyebrow situation which is out of hand, and move things from the living room to the car - stuff like that.

There is more to conference than simply going to conference. I have lots of things to arrange - presentation materials up on my website and scrapbooking materials for my CMTE as well as for the presentation for this afternoon - that reminds me, I need to rearrange my materials so I can easily get what I want to get for this afternoon rather than having to sort through everything at the hotel itself. Something else that is on the to-do list. Everything goes on the to-do list.

Because this is conference day, this post is going to be short.

I am looking forward to conference because this has been a difficult week. My students have been loud and on edge. Staff members are tired and crabby. I am tired, crabby, and a bit uninterested in every single thing that is happening in my job. I am looking to conference to remind me about music therapy's pluses and benefits and joys. There is something about being in the presence of other music therapy professionals and students that just refreshes my love of this profession, even when it has been a REALLY difficult week in my job. Maybe I should change that sentence to say especially when it has been a REALLY difficult week in my job.

Time to soak in all the enthusiasm and find my own. I'll see some of you at conference in just a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals