Monday, Monday

Happy Monday, all. It is a holiday here in the States, so I get an opportunity to stay in my pajamas as long as I want (or until Tuesday morning, whichever comes first) and watch reruns of television shows. Today, I am watching The Office as the cat is lounging across my legs. We have both been up since really early this morning, and we've already watched a movie that made me cry and made her just stare at me in disgust. That's a typical response from her, by the way.

I do have some plans for today. I want to go to my part-time job and get some stuff organized. I will be spending some time cleaning out the Sunday School Craft closet so I can use some of the shelving for the Prayer Shawl ministry that I inherited and for the new Sunday School program that I now have to do. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with both of those programs, and I need to spend some time organizing my thoughts and my workspace to make things work. I'll have my tablet for entertainment, a small air conditioner for comfort, and a whole bunch of trash bags to help me in my quest to rearrange and clean out. I should also have little to no interruption, so I'll work until I'm done.

I'm not a fan of Monday holidays - I always feel like something's missing when I go back to work on Tuesdays. I much prefer Friday holidays, but, for some reason, the country doesn't much care what I think about Mondays.

We used to go to family church camp retreats on this holiday. We'd drive to some place up in the mountains, and we'd spend time thinking about spirituality and having fun away from work and school and all that. We'd get back to our regular life and start school up. These days, the Labor Day holiday is just a day off from work - it's not even the last day of summer for me anymore. It's just a Monday holiday.

I'm going to spend my Labor Day laboring. I may go to a store or two to buy stuff, but I am going to spend my time working and thinking about working and working some more.

Happy Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt