The Complaint Department Around Here Never Really Closes

It is already 5:20 and I am just now sitting down to write this blog. I am usually trying to finish up things by this time, but my routine has become out of order due to illness and fatigue, doctor's appointments and antibiotics, and lots of other things. My nurse practitioner looked at me during my appointment on Friday and said, "You're never an easy one to figure out, are you?" My answer? "Nope." 

Welcome to the health challenges of my entire family. None of us do things in a normal way.

My latest health challenge? Despite being on a heavy antibiotic, my throat is starting to hurt. I go for yet another set of chest x-rays this afternoon after work - I am hoping to be at work for the entire day today - and then we'll talk about other options for treatment. All of this while I have no more sick time left to me and only a couple of non-paid days off left to use. I wanted to use them for another Spring Break, but that isn't happening now. Well now, I guess I am having my other Spring Break, but at the doctor's office, getting x-rays of my lungs.

Sigh.

It's a pity party for one over here.

I hate it when posts like this come out of my writing time. I don't want this to be a place where I complain about everything that is going on in my life. This tends to be why I have short posts some days and no posts on others - I just don't like what is coming out of my fingers.

So?? What am I going to do about this?

I am going to change my focus (yet again). Here I go.

I am starting to feel a bit better. I can breathe in a bit better than I could three days ago. I am going to a job that continuously challenges me. I am lucky enough to enjoy being a music therapist. I have a family that loves me, even when I am cranky and feeling sorry for myself. I have friends who also love me, most of the time! I have stuff - lots of stuff - too much stuff. I bought more stuff that I don't need, along with some family gifts, this weekend. It's time to remember that there are many things that I have that are wonderful in my life as well as the challenges. As always, the positives greatly outnumber the challenges, I just have to remember that fact.

I made my session strategies last Friday when I was able to spend four hours working. We are going to cover some of the expectations of music therapy this week - again. We are going to talk about how to earn STARS (our PBIS structure) and how to use instruments. We are then going to use the instruments to play some games. This week is going to be a game week.

Next week will be a center week. I've started the planning but need to refine the strategies. That's my work goal for this week. The other goal is to be at work for as much of this week as possible.

Okay. Time to go into the world to do music therapy things with music therapy clients. It doesn't sound difficult, does it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt