Assimilation of Information

My brain is full.

After three days of music therapy information, two 4.5 hour car trips, and two days of Trauma Informed Care Trainer Certification, my brain has been overwhelmed by music therapy possibilities and has not really stopped clicking. It is now to the point where I think I've got over my information overload and can start processing and moving forward. 

This is one of the reasons that I take time off after conference - this year, I filled it with training, but I do take that time. I now have spent some time away from thinking and doing music therapy, but I am getting ready to get back into the swing of things.

I am almost back to a regular schedule. I woke up at the regular time today (after a very confusing dream about getting married, a robbery at my parent's house, and lots of other strange happenings - but, at least it wasn't about work this time!), and I know that it is Saturday. Yesterday, I spent the entire day trying to make it Saturday instead of Friday. Today, I know what the day is and what I need to do. 

So, I am now entering the process of assimilation.

For me, assimilation of information includes sitting down and writing things. I start with the notes that I took during my various presentations and my latest training. I make more notes and start to plan. This tends to be a long process - the assimilation into my clinical work and changes in philosophy.

I'll spend some time making diagrams (whee!) and writing ideas as well as making plans.

What am I thinking about these days? Social skill development, ukulele use and skill, trauma, care for those who have experienced trauma, and how music therapy can play a role in ameliorating symptoms. All of this while I get ready for an online meeting, an appointment at church to decorate for the Advent season, and maybe some shopping. My sister and mother reported that stores weren't as crowded as they were expecting, so I may see if that is true in this part of the world. Maybe.

I should also go to the doctor since I have conjunctivitis. Blech. I need eye drops.

First, though? Some assimilation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals