Thoughtful Thursday: Frederick Buechner

It has been a while since I took some time to be thoughtful on a Thursday. For some reason, physical therapy and my late work nights on Wednesday have taken their toll on my sleep patterns. I've been finding it difficult to wake up at a time when I feel refreshed, and the pillows keep sucking me back into bed. So, there haven't been many Thoughtful Thursday posts lately.

This week, however, I have finally pulled together enough brain cells to do something about this situation!


Mr. Buechner has hit upon something for me this week. 

"All moments are key moments." 

My week turned from an exercise in the absurd to utter rudeness and adolescent angst yesterday. It is amazing how one person can completely rule everyone else, especially if she is female and has a group of besotted males to direct and dictate to. (I am NOT that female! I have never been that type of female.) Sigh. 

I am hoping for another switch today during my interactions with my students.

It is also National Teacher Appreciation Week. This statement makes me think about the moments in my life that were indeed key moments for me, but probably were insignificant moments in the lives of my teachers and the others who helped to educate me - in and out of the classroom. The person who casually mentioned, "Oh yeah, there is another profession here at the University of Evansville, it's called music therapy." The church choir director who offered me opportunities to teach music theory to the junior choir. The teachers who recognized my need to learn and who fostered that need rather than cutting it off at the knees.

My point?

I guess my major point for this post is that all moments are important because you never know what moment will be important for someone else.

Happy Thursday.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals