The Last Monday of the Regular School Year

Here it is, the last Monday of the regular 2015-2016 school year. In 21 days, we will start our Extended School Year (ESY), and things will change. Some of our staff members are retiring, others are leaving, and some of us are going to be in the same place again. My schedule will change a bit - just enough that it will take some getting used to - and then it will change back again. We have seven weeks of ESY, and I think I am ready. I have my basic session themes put together, and now all I have to do is finish up my visual aids and figure out the rest of the session plans.

There is always something nice about the end of the year.

This Monday, I will see three groups of kids. I will play graduation songs once and will reveal our Musician of the Month for this month. I'm thinking that we may also watch music cartoons this week. I've got some Silly Symphonies, Extreme Music Fun, and Sing Along Songs that will probably fit the bill of music-themed learning. In addition I will bring in my file folders in order to engage those who do not like cartoons. I also have songbooks, music books, dominoes, coloring sheets, word searches, crosswords, and other manipulatives to play with while we are watching movies.

I am hoping that the three days that I'll be doing therapy this week go smoothly in the music therapy room. Therapy days haven't been very smooth with some of the groups lately, but they haven't been very smooth in any other place either, so I don't feel so bad about the debacles that have occurred in music therapy lately.

The last Monday of the regular school year starts in about 90 minutes.

Here we go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt