Supplemental Sunday: AMTA Donation Packets
I have a goal.
| Here's the stuff I made for last year's conference... |
This upcoming school year (2016-2017), I am going to donate packages from musictherapyworks.com of visual aids and books to each of the regions and to the AMTA National Conference.
I am currently in the middle of finishing up the next round of sing about songs - fun and games. This collection of therapeutic music experiences has been fun to put together, and it has some fun visuals as well, including board games!
For some clients, a visual aid assists with attention to task, awareness of others in the environment, and comprehension. For others, a visual aid is just something more to deal with in the music therapy session. For me, as a therapist for people with diagnoses all over all types of spectra, I like having visual aids available to use with clients at any time.
In the picture above, there are ants for The Ants Go Marching. There is an ant counting board, an ant line-up, and two large ants for use to prompt memories and, possibly, movements. There are some lyric strips. There is a pickle. There are photos of things to use during Gotta Gonna Go On A Trip. There are sheet music songs. In addition, there are conducting pattern cards, a file folder song, movement cards, and many TME books. I am going to add more lyric strips, more sheet music, some board games, and some nature-based visual aids for my donations this year.
Comments
Post a Comment