This WAS Just a Filler Post

I allowed myself an extra hour in bed this morning, so you'll have to wait for my Thoughtful Thursday post for this afternoon. It's already time for work and I'm late. See you soon!!

~mj 

I'm back from work and am ready for the real post now. Thanks for waiting. Here we go.


Thoughtful Thursday - Are You Afraid of Being Amazing?


The adage on my desk this week comes to us from Andy Offutt Irwin and it has been a good thought for me this week.

How many of us feel like we are amazing?

I don't always feel that way. In fact, there are months where I don't feel anything close to amazing. Then, something happens or someone notices something I'd overlooked and they find the amazing part of what I've missed or taken for granted.

Here's what I think. You are amazing. Every day you get up, get dressed, and go out to do what you do, you amaze people. If you, like me, are a music therapist, you will amaze others with how you use music to benefit your clients in ways they never expected. There will be times when clients respond to the music and to the amazing you in ways that they have never responded before. That first word. The spontaneous conversation about past experiences. The time when someone is able to smile through pain. These things, small as they may be, are AMAZING! You are amazing.

If you are a person who struggles to get up, get dressed, and go out to do what you do, and you still do it - you are more than amazing - you are phenomenal! Remember that on the days when the struggle seems more than you can bear. (When I have these days, I go to the Bloggess for inspiration and community. Check her out, but be prepared for some irreverent discussion and lots of curse words! It is good to know that we are never alone!) You are amazing. You are phenomenal, because you are you!!

I hope you had a happy Thursday!     

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:53 AM

    I'm waiting. ...
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:07 PM

    Worth waiting for! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals