Catching Up

My home is a mess.

I am simply letting you know this because I am now able to focus on what my environment looks like as I'm sitting here looking around. After the hype of the Online Conference for Music Therapy (OCMT), I have a chance to simply sit and see what's going on. Now it is time to do some things around my house and to focus on other things other than coordinating presenters and attendees. 

Now I am starting to look around for something to do in the 45 minutes before I leave for work. I guess I can start with the to-do list. Here are the things that really need to be done - dishes...laundry...planning...reading...cooking...thinking...spending time sleeping...planning for next year... The list goes on and on and on. Let's just focus on the concrete tasks for today. I have to go to Physical Therapy tonight, so I won't be up for doing lots of things later this evening. Maybe I should focus on loading the dishwasher tonight as my chore. Getting that done would get me moving forward.

While I was in a stupor during the last several hours of OCMT, I started thinking about webinars and presentation topics for the next several months. I think I have some going pretty well, but they need some fleshing out. That's something I can do while recuperating from PT this evening.

I am also going to take one of my unopened music therapy journals to crack open and read. That's my thing to do before I go to PT. I can spend my planning time this afternoon reading music therapy research and becoming a more strongly research-informed clinician. I am going to spend some time making forms (oooh, I love making forms) to help me organize this process of translating research information into practice orientation and support.

There you go - one home-based goal and one therapy-based goal to get me back on track. 

See you tomorrow for TME Tuesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt