Favorite Things Friday: Free Association
It is difficult to figure out what to write about at this time for several reasons. First of all, I've been home sick all week with a tricky bit of pneumonia, so my usual immersion in the music therapy world is not happening. Second, my brain seems to be atrophying with all of the staying home and avoiding other people and their germs. Third, I've exhausted all of my most obvious Favorite Things, so I'm grasping for a topic for today. Additionally, I'm just plain old bored with my own company, so nothing seems to be interesting to me.
Rough life, hunh? - Ultra sarcasm here. My life is not rough, just different from the usual right now, so I'm wallowing a bit. Sorry about that. I'll stop now.
So, something that I like that makes my music therapy life a bit easier... hmmm...
Mashed potatoes - hmm. Doesn't really have anything to do with music therapy, but significant influence on my sense of well-being... nope, move on.
Cat snuggles - again, not much to do with music therapy, but self-care figures in here...
Music Therapy Textbooks - got lots of those sitting around, but I haven't cracked one since my last working assignment for AMTA. It would probably be a good idea to start reading again. I have a big assignment coming up, so it's time to start reading yet again. I have a book by Ruud that is still in its protective covering. Time to crack it open and dive into music therapy theory and philosophy.
Cupcakes - those sound good, and I have some in the fridge...
Homemade Instruments - I do enjoy making my own instruments, but I'm not currently making anything, so that's a non-starter.
Drum Key - one of those things that I always have on me and don't really need unless I need it - then I'm glad that I always have one on me!
Enjoy your Friday, folks. I'm going back to bed!
Rough life, hunh? - Ultra sarcasm here. My life is not rough, just different from the usual right now, so I'm wallowing a bit. Sorry about that. I'll stop now.
So, something that I like that makes my music therapy life a bit easier... hmmm...
Mashed potatoes - hmm. Doesn't really have anything to do with music therapy, but significant influence on my sense of well-being... nope, move on.
Cat snuggles - again, not much to do with music therapy, but self-care figures in here...
Music Therapy Textbooks - got lots of those sitting around, but I haven't cracked one since my last working assignment for AMTA. It would probably be a good idea to start reading again. I have a big assignment coming up, so it's time to start reading yet again. I have a book by Ruud that is still in its protective covering. Time to crack it open and dive into music therapy theory and philosophy.
Cupcakes - those sound good, and I have some in the fridge...
Homemade Instruments - I do enjoy making my own instruments, but I'm not currently making anything, so that's a non-starter.
Drum Key - one of those things that I always have on me and don't really need unless I need it - then I'm glad that I always have one on me!
Enjoy your Friday, folks. I'm going back to bed!
Comments
Post a Comment