Favorite Things Friday: The Bloggess

I am a fan-girl of Jenny Lawson, AKA the Bloggess. She is an irreverent, interesting, and profane writer who focuses on writing memoirs about her life in Texas as well as in the world. She's written two books, Let's Pretend This Never Happened and the brand-new, not quite released Furiously Happy. I can't explain why I like her so much, so I'll just link you to her blog.

BEFORE I DO THAT, THOUGH...

Please be aware that she uses profanity lots and lots. If that's not your particular brand of entertainment (it's not usually mine), then you may not want to click on the link.

She talks lots about depression, anxiety disorders, and many other social issues. You may not agree with everything you read... make your own decisions about what you want to read about and what you don't.

She likes pets and has several - she's a cat person, but has recently added a dog to her family.

She also likes really bad taxidermy.

Through the writing of Jenny Lawson, I've learned about the writings of Anne and Wil Wheaton. I've laughed, I've cried, I've been challenged, and I'm constantly evaluating what I think about the world and about my little life.

I consider you sufficiently warned now, so here's the link: http://thebloggess.com/

If you are looking for my favorite post (I highly recommend this one!) here it is: http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

I hope, that if you are one of the millions of us who have depression, bipolar tendencies, or other forms of challenges, please know that you are never alone. Reading this blogger has really reinforced that idea for me. None of us is alone!

Happy Friday!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt