New Look - New Outlook (Updated)

I was introduced to a bunch of new blogger templates this morning, so I thought I would play around with how the blog looks these days. I enjoy the opportunity to change the backgrounds of how things work - it often shakes me up just enough and gets me looking at things a bit differently. Hope you like the changes.

I am off to the tax preparation company to get some things done for the Online Conference for Music Therapy. I am helpless when it comes to things like taxes, so I am going to the good folks at H&R Block to help me figure out what is going on. I get so much anxiety from this situation, mainly because I have NO idea what I am supposed to do.

I am going to shove that anxiety down deep for the moment and just bring it up again when I am in the appointment. I hope my tax preparation person is someone who knows what to do in this situation. I certainly don't. Okay. Time to shove.

I had no revelations about music therapy this week. I did my job as I usually do. We did a variety of things in the music therapy room. Kids assembled Orff instruments and played with partners. We used the parachute. We listened to Planet Drum by Mickey Hart and played sound shapes. We worked on things like videos and future planning. It was generally a good week, except for the odd knock on the nose (which still hurts, thanks for wondering!).

This upcoming week includes three regular therapy days and then a special event - Luau at the Zoo. We will have bouncy things to play on, gift bags, tattoos, caricatures, and snacks. I get to buy the fresh fruits and vegetables for the snacks on Monday afternoon. I also get to be the face of the planning committee (even though I am not the only person who is planning this event). My principal tends to name me as the only person responsible for things, even though I make it clear that I am not the only person doing things. On Tuesday afternoon, I will help the art therapist sort event t-shirts. She designs, sells, and orders the shirts. Kids get them for free, and staff members pay $10.00 for theirs to off-set the cost of the kids' shirts. This year's design is very cool, and I am looking forward to getting mine. It will be a busy day, but it should run very smoothly - the folks that are coordinating things know how to run events efficiently. We've done it many times before.

After all that, we get to take Friday off. I have to take my car in for a recall service appointment, and that is all that is planned for that Friday.

For now, though, I have to get through today's appointment and take whatever lumps I've earned through my lack of knowledge. Ooh - anxiety again. Acknowledge the anxiety. Breathe through it. Own the feelings, and then let them pass. What will happen will happen.

New look - new outlook. It's time for more purposeful music therapy writing again. I can feel that focus starting up, so be on the lookout for some new weekly themes. 

New look - new outlook.


UPDATE: I am a bit in love with the CPA that I ended up talking to this morning. His name is Paul, and I suspect that he and I will be spending LOTS of time together in the upcoming year. He answered all of my questions and gave me direct answers. We postponed our actual filing until July 15, so I have some time to talk to him about various and sundry accounting things. Sigh. Now the anxiety has turned into a tension headache which may or may not be related to the bonk on the nose from Monday.

Okay, enough for now - I'm going to generate some course content for the website from my bedroom!! Thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA