Thoughtful Thursday: Meh

I am tired.

I had a long day yesterday that was followed by a night where I didn't go to sleep until lots later than usual. My wake up time came really early this morning and I'm physically tired out. My eyes still feel like sleeping, but it's time to get up and start the day, so here I am.

These days, my brain is full of all sorts of things (which may have contributed to my lack of sleep last night). I'm glad the Cubs won simply because it means an end to the posts about the team on social media. I'm glad that this indeterminably long campaign is almost finished because that will mean that the political posts will change significantly. I will be glad to be able to hear NPR again without all the talk about this person and that person. I am very happy that we fall back this weekend. I am ready for some extra time in the mornings.

I am thinking about presentations, about being with people I haven't seen for a time, and about situations that have happened recently. When I am having a bit of insomnia, those situations come back to haunt me over and over again.

All of these things simply lead to one thing. Ambivalence. I'm going into my workplace with a feeling that today will happen, but I'm not going to stress about how it will happen. Meanwhile, my brain just won't stop. It goes on and on and on about things related and things unrelated.

Hope you are rested and well, friends! See you tomorrow!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA