Leap Day! Leap Day! Take a Leap!

I was interested in this Leap Day thing, so I went over to Wikipedia and found lots of information. (I know, there are lots of academic-types out there screaming, "Wikipedia is not a dedicated source!! Why would you look there for any type of information!!! Aaargh!," but I always start with Wikipedia to get an idea of what else to look at. Sorry, professors!) You can find the link I started with here

Did you know that some calendars add an additional MONTH during leap years? I am very glad that the Gregorian calendar doesn't add an entire month. 

I am fascinated by our planetary journey around our sun, our sun around the galaxy, and our galaxy around the universe. I always have been fascinated by such things. Leap Day reminds me to think a bit more deeply about these concepts and events.

This day is a day when some traditions allow women to propose marriage and a fine be paid to any woman who is refused by the man of her choosing. Leaplings get to celebrate a long-awaited official birthday on this day. (That's not me, by the way.)

For us, this is just another day.

I think that's a shame. I think an extra day should be a day of celebration. A day of planning and contemplation. A day to take a leap into a new idea or way of life or something else profound. So, I am going to take some time today dreaming.

Take a leap today, friends. Leap into the unknown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA