I HATE Surveys - There, I Said It!

Ugh.

I just finished the CBMT/AMTA joint survey, and I have to say that I hate taking surveys. Now, please know that I used to be one of the desperate graduate students who used to write those same surveys and requests, so I know what it all entails, but I have to tell you...

I HATE FILLING OUT SURVEYS!

The questions never fit me the way I want them to fit me. I always want different options than are on the options, and I know that I format mine that way as well. As a survey designer, there is no way to think of all the possible answers that people need to answer your question, but at least offer an "other" option with a short paragraph available.

I will admit that I have started surveys and then stopped in disgust due to poorly constructed questions and answers.

I also appreciate a personal request to complete a survey. I will NEVER answer a survey that is posted on Instagram or Facebook. How do I know that this is actually an IRB-approved survey if it comes from someone on social media? I prefer an email that indicates where you found my information to a request in an open group. So, don't count on my information if you go that route.

Well, today was a bit better than yesterday which was significantly better than the day before...it is almost the weekend, so I am getting ready for some chores at work and here at home. It will be a good time to be in my home, resting and getting relaxed for the next week - then there will be a week off for Mid-Summer Break! Hooray!

That's it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA