Thoughtful Thursday: A Burst of Energy

There are some days where I want to stay in bed all day and others, like today, where I get up right when I'm supposed to and get lots of things done. I'm never sure what the reasoning is behind all this, but I try to take advantage of these bursts of energy when they happen. This morning, in the past hour, I've finished a load of laundry, answered lots of emails, finished my service (all but sermon) for church on Sunday, started arranging a training session for a music therapist across the globe, and covered all of my social media accounts to catch up on all emails. I feel very accomplished...and at 5:12 am!

This is a good feeling.

Yesterday was a totally different story here at home. I did NOT want to get up and I ended up starting my day an hour later than usual because of that feeling. There wasn't anything at work that was making me anxious or nervous or anything that I could identify, but I just enjoyed the warmth of my covers and did not want to move. I wanted to stay toasty warm but had things to do, so I gave myself the gift of that extra hour.

This morning I found myself ready to go, so I got up and did the things that I needed to do. I still need to do some work on a recording that I made, and lots of other things as well, but many things are now crossed off of my list. I am also getting some other things checked off my list - converting a recording for purchase on my website - I have an easier way to do this now!! Hooray! - and setting up some changes on my website so I can offer these topics a bit more efficiently. This will be the project to finish before a week from Sunday. I have a bit too much to do this weekend to get things completely finished by this Sunday.

This burst of energy will probably transfer into my work day as well. My yesterday situation did not move into my work interactions, except for the fact that my body hurt by the end of the day - lots of arthritis pain after walking around and around with students for the entire day. I still feel some residual pain this morning, but I think I'll be able to take some Tylenol to combat all that. In fact, I should do that right now to get in front of the wear and tear that I'm experiencing these days.

I have come up with my student-focused webinar for next month. I think we will talk about writing Therapeutic Music Experiences (TMEs) - what I call the things we do with our clients in the music therapy session. I am still working on my ideas for professionals - I want to get them linked into CBMT and automatic CMTE opportunities. I'm trying to figure out how to arrange that so I can explain my method to CBMT. It's going to take some quiet thought to formulate my model into words...

I wonder if I will EVER get started on the things that I need to do for my newest goal - that of being an exhibitor...Well, off to work and the end of the group therapy week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA