An Enforced Break - Not the Best Thing to Happen, But It Does Happen Every So Often

Surprise!

I managed to finish up my very busy day on the 5th of November, just to end up in the hospital for a surprise gallbladder removal and additional bile duct procedure. I didn't plan this AT ALL, but I am thinking that this may be part of my recent fatigue, blah moods, and issues, so I am very grateful to be on the other side of all of this - minus my gallbladder and some gallstone fragments. I spent three days in the hospital and am now at home, trying to figure out what is going to happen next.

My post-procedure instructions are pretty vague - go back to work when work duties no longer cause pain. Hm. That really depends on what duties you are talking about. You can drive when you don't have any pain when braking. Okay. Go to your primary care physician within 5 days - but the doctor won't see me because it is impossible to get an appointment with them, so I'm going to have to go as a walk-in tomorrow because I need some more guidance about what I need to avoid at work. 

I really NEED to get back to work.

I am almost out of all of my time and my intern is doing her caseload without me at the moment. Now, I am not concerned about my intern at all. She's doing fine in her music therapy development, but I am concerned that other people will start to treat her as my substitute rather than my student, so I need to get back as soon as I can to make sure that her position is not abused in any way. 

So, this is the first step that I am taking to getting back to a real life - I am blogging today. I've managed to get some sit-down tasks done here at my desk, but I am already ready to crawl back to bed to sleep some more. I am navigating through either hunger or nausea (can't really tell which), pain under my jawline, continued indigestion, exhaustion, and all the follow-up information that has to happen. I am going to take a taxi today back to the hospital to pick up my car which has been sitting in the emergency room parking lot since Tuesday evening. I will either go to the doctor or straight home. It will completely depend on how well I can brake. If I can't make it to the doctor today, I will make it there tomorrow.

There you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA