The Wednesday-Tuesday-Thursday - Once a Year Event

This is going to sound strange, but today is a Wednesday-Tuesday-Thursday at my job. What does this mean? It means that it actually is a Wednesday, but it is the second day of the work week and is the second to last day of the work week. For my students, it is a Wednesday-Tuesday-Friday because they get a 4-day weekend. Teachers get a 3-day weekend, so we'll be student-less tomorrow and then will get Friday off. This is some sort of strange type thing that happens once per year at my facility - I'm not sure why.

Anyway, this week is pretty much wasted time. As a solo therapist, it was not a week where I could address specific themes or topics because only half the school received therapy. So, I had to come up with non-themed sessions that addressed topics that were not as crucial to the entire program. Otherwise, I was playing catch-up with half of my groups. It was a challenge unless I viewed these as "bonus" sessions. As an internship director, that particular pressure is no longer existent since my interns do not follow the themes that I had arranged for myself. (That's intentional, by the way!) Now we just go through business as usual, but some students won't engage in the TMEs selected for sessions this week. 

This week is crammed full of "hurry up and wait" activities as well. We had the annual pumpkin decorating contest on Monday, then some folks had to do CPR, and the rest of us worked in our rooms. Tonight is Parent-Teacher conferences, so my room should be really quiet. Tomorrow is behavior management training in the morning and then time to work in our rooms. I have very few current projects (other than my current quest to organize my office and get the points store area arranged the way I want it now that I am in charge of it because I am a silly, silly person!), so my time is spent talking to interns about all sorts of topics. We'll have to do consultation, the interns and I, on our Thursday-Friday, so that will take up some time. We are also going to talk about musical priming as a triad. So, I guess I don't have as much organization time as I think I have. Hmm. I will have to rethink my plans.

I am off to get gasoline for my car and then head into work. I will watch my interns do lots of therapy and then I will work on my office and the store until I have to leave to get to my part-time job. I will take a later arrival day on Thursday since we don't have students, and I no longer have to write notes on session events - just review what interns have documented.

Time to experience this strange occurrence known as the W-T-T. See you on the other side!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA