Crucial Conversation Update

I did it. I engaged in a crucial conversation yesterday, and I was able to express my feelings and attitudes about the situation I was forced into. I was also able to get a firm decision by my administrator (at least, she told me that the decision was firm - we'll see if she remembers the other part of the discussion - the notification of the faculty about the decision).

I was able to get a clear path forward on the schedule and how things will work next year.

I was not able to remain rational - I cried a bit.

I still got what I needed from the situation - a change in schedule that makes sense to me and allows me to have what everyone else in the facility has - a set schedule that doesn't have to be changed to accommodate someone else's schedule during two months of the year. 

I'm glad that is over (for, at least, the moment).

I didn't sleep very well last night. A short cat-fight woke me up at 12:47:52am, jarring me awake, and then the storms started rolling in. I dozed for the rest of the night, waking with the loud thunderclaps, and keeping an eye out for stray cats. 

Other than that, things seem to be going well in the music therapy room at my facility. Now that I know what my schedule will be, I can start to identify the kids that I want for individual treatment. I've got some in mind and the security to be able to establish a schedule. I've had four inquiries about my newly reestablished internship program, so I think I'll have some interns soon.

I spent some time improvising with my students this week. I also introduced them to some different music. Our Musician of the Month is John Denver, and I've been playing songs from the 60's during our instrument play this time around. Nothing has been very complex, but it all has been therapeutic.

Simple sometimes is the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA