Currently...

Here's what is going on in my corner of the music therapy world these days...

Centers - classes have been short-staffed these days, so centers have not gone as I would like them to. This happens every time I try to get centers started - staff members aren't around. Okay. I should remember this, but I always hope that things will actually change. So, back to the drawing board. The most successful center-type thing that I've ever done was using notebooks (3-ring binders) with small groups using identical visual aids while I continued the musical interaction. I think I can tweak the center idea to work with this type of interaction - the binders, I mean.

Online Conference for Music Therapy - There is a week left before the conference begins. That means that my fellow Board Members are running around like chickens with our heads cut off - lots of energy but some of the effort is futile. My posts may become a bit more harried as the conference approaches. I am running both registration and continuing education, so my to-do list grows and grows as I remember things that I need to do.

Self-Care - I went to the doctor yesterday and walked out with 8 new medications. Ugh. That's all about that.

Creativity - It comes and goes in spurts. I have come up with some new TMEs for my centers, but I haven't really been able to run any of them because of the difficulty getting the centers going. That's okay, because the TMEs are still sound. Kids seem to like them, especially Walk Like an Animal with piano improvisation and the animal dice that I made.

I am trying to figure out several things, and I think I know what I want to do. This is a good thing.

Bella - she's being Bella, cuddly one moment, attempting to nip my hand the next. Gotta love her...

That's it for this Friday. I am going to try to clean some things around here as I am getting accustomed to the new medications coursing through my body. I can't drive until I know how dizzy I will actually get while taking four medications that cause dizziness, so I am at home today. The laundry has to be put away, so that's task #1. While I'm at it, I think I will thin out the closet for donating things to others. We'll see when task #1 gets finished...

Happy Friday, music therapists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA