Working on My Goals

I've done exactly one of my four monthly things so far this month. I went to a free paper crafting class. Now, the reason that I signed up for this was to meet some new people who have similar interests to mine. The issue with this? I was the only one who signed up for the class.

This is a typical thing for me. If I plan a party, it snows too much for anyone to travel. If I sign up for an event, no one else signs up. If I am in charge of a surprise, the guest of honor goes into labor, has a car accident, or something else happens.

So, that didn't go as planned, but that will not thwart me from my plans to do something out of my house every month. It will also not thwart (I like that word - thwart, thwart, thwart) my quest to complete the other three goals that I identified. I still need to make a contact, complete a home improvement, and give away a box or a bag of stuff this month.

I am still a bit hampered by post-surgery restrictions, but I hope that those are lifted a bit at my next appointment (on Monday). I want to be able to pick up more than 5 pounds. My guitar is 6 pounds, so I've been learning the ukulele a bit faster than I originally planned, but that's fine. It's stretching my brain. I need that at this point. I feel like my brain is atrophying along with my poor leg muscles.

My first plan for home improvement? Some wooden bookshelves. I take boards and then make them into bookshelf units. These will have to hold boxes of instruments, so they will have to be more like 2X10s and not the little ones that I make for my paperbacks, but I can see them in my mind, and they are good. I just need to be able to carry these boards and board pieces from the car to home and then manipulate them into position. I can do it!! If I'm not cleared to carry things on Monday, then I think I will re-do my bathroom to use my new R2-D2 towels!

(Did I mention that I had an R2-D2 kind of Christmas??)

In the midst of these goals, I am spending time reading things, thinking about things, and trying to figure out new challenges for myself. There will be some more thoughts and more challenges, I am sure, but that's okay.

I'm still working on my goals... and here is a picture of the paper craft I made last week...
www.musictherapyworks.com

It's an accordion-fold Valentine's Day card. I now know how to make these.

Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA