Home, sick

Yesterday and today I have called in sick from work. I tend to get sick quite a bit during the course of my job - a combination of kid germs, allergies, and a predisposition to respiratory issues. What is unusual for me is the need and willingness to take two days off in a row.

Needless to say, I am going to be the subject of much conjecture at work today. Taking one day off is not that unusual, but two in a row? Before a school holiday? Hmmmm. There will be some who will think that I am off on some wild adventure (HA!). Others will grump and grouse that they would have liked to have taken the time off, too.

I am a firm believer in the use of sick days when they are needed. My current ailment requires me to remain in a reclining position for much of the time while battling a low grade fever. I do not know if I am contagious, but you can bet that if I am, the same ones grumping and grousing in the previous paragraph would be grumping and grousing about how I shared my germs with every one. I certainly do not want to share germs with someone else just because he or she wants to maintain perfect attendance. While that person may rarely be sick, someone like me gets every germ and does not need more.

So, I am sitting here in the stupor of my second day at home, starting to feel cabin fever rise along with my temperature. What to do? Start making visual aids for my music therapy groups and business. Or, read another murder mystery. Or, watch some mindless television through Netflix. Or, leave the apartment to drop off movies and pick up analgesics? Oh, the list is endless!

Let me put you out of your misery, poor readers, and close.

Be healthy, and, if not, STAY HOME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA