Sentimental Sunday: November 2019 - Post # 2327

Sentimental Sunday – Graphic has mottled gray background with yellow spindly flowers coming from off-screen on both bottom corners. In script, there is the text, “Sentimental Sunday.” Under the title text, in smaller print, the text states, “musictxandme.blogspot.com” and www.musictherapyworks.com -the URLs of the blog and the website.
I am currently involved in writing a large, very different project for me, so my blog is being neglected. I will try to post more in the upcoming week here because I am missing the routine of writing about music, therapy, and me. 

It is Sentimental Sunday, and the random number generator sent me to post #2327 - November 11, 2019. At this time, four years ago, I was recovering from emergency surgery and had found that someone had damaged the car that I was getting ready to trade in for a new car. I was hurt and scared and overwhelmed by it all. The accident was never solved. I spent money to repair the car and then traded it in for the car I have now.

Looking back on posts like this one really reminds me of trends and situations in my life. I am not always the best person during personal emergencies. I do not handle changes in my schedule well. I also have difficulty focusing on more than one emergency situation at a time, but I always make it through with the long-distance support of my family.

This was a rough time in my life. My gallbladder went bad very quickly, and it had to come out. I ended up having two procedures in two days and then went home to recover for three weeks. I had to navigate car insurance claims and Family Medical Leave Act paperwork and figuring out how I would be paying my deductibles and all that. I also had to learn what my body would do to digest food without a gallbladder, but I was able to do that eventually.

This Sunday morning practice reminds me to reflect on what I have experienced and how these situations have made me who I am. The one I am revisiting today reminds me that even when things seem overwhelming, I am able to get through them and survive. There is nothing wrong with feeling overwhelmed or stressed or excited or lazy in the moments that happen. I can move through obstacles.

I hope that you know this truth. There will be times when life seems to just pile more and more onto your shoulders, and it will always happen at the most inconvenient time. (Honestly, I would have been upset about the car damage if it had happened at any time, but it would have been easier to navigate if I hadn't had emergency surgery six days before and was neck-deep in all sorts of other stuff, too.) You will find a way through any situation that life throws at you. It may not be the thing that you want or the path that you expect, but you can find that way.

Thank you, 2019 me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA