Sentimental Sunday: December 10, 2019 - #2350

Sentimental Sunday – Graphic has mottled gray background with yellow spindly flowers coming from off-screen on both bottom corners. In script, there is the text, “Sentimental Sunday.” Under the title text, in smaller print, the text states, “musictxandme.blogspot.com” and www.musictherapyworks.com -the URLs of the blog and the website.
This foray into my past was both fun and interesting. Past me had so many plans that were interrupted, but that's okay. The interruption was not personal - it was a global pandemic. ANYWAY - here's the post - December 10, 2019

I like making things, but what I like even more is making things that other people use in their music therapy work. I have a TPT store (that is Teachers Pay Teachers, but they rebranded), and I like making things to use in music therapy sessions. I didn't go into content creation to make money, so everything is very inexpensive for others. The products I write about in the post are available along with many others.

Lately, I have not been making new things. I am in a bit of a depressed mode at the moment. This happens to me every so often, and this current mood has been influenced by a broken finger and limitations on what I can do with my hands. My brain has been languishing while my body is healing.

I stopped making physical file folders and books when the world stopped in March 2020. From the post selected right now until that March, I was planning on having an exhibit at the Midwestern Region conference. I hope to do an exhibit in 2025 when we have another live conference, but who knows what will happen between now and then.

In my store, I focus on two different things. The first is visuals to support therapeutic music experiences for different types of clients. The second is forms for music therapists. I have all sorts of forms that can help with things like intern evaluation, music analysis, research analysis, and other things that MTs have to do. I am working on some planner formats and stickers sheets and stuff like that as well.

In the near future, I will be making an effort to make some new things for the store. If you aren't a member of TPT, I would recommend that you become a member. Signing up is free, and there are TONS of free resources available to members. It doesn't matter if you are a teacher - you can sign up!

Let me know if there are visuals that you would like to see. I am always looking for ideas to illustrate. Time to head out into the Sunday world and get things going...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA