Making Things is Fun

I've been spending some time making things lately...things like file folder activities and sing about mini editions of therapeutic music experiences (TMEs). I have been immersed in the world of digital flattening and clip art collections, so it's been pretty interesting to be making stuff in the midst of my everyday life. I enjoy having a creative outlet that leads me to clinical options and things to do with clients.

I have been making things to use in the month of February. I'm getting ready to start my March edition of sing about songs and will be releasing it on the 5th of January. I already have some leprechaun files on my Teachers Pay Teachers store, but I am getting some March Madness files together, and I'll be spending some time thinking about some spring-themed TMEs and corresponding visuals. 

Anyway...

If you are interested in getting some TME ideas and some visuals to go along with them, check out my store. Everything is pretty inexpensive, but you do have to put it together yourself. If you'd like completed versions of the folders, then contact me, and I'll put them together for you and send them to you. It will be a bit more expensive, but I am also an underpaid music therapist, so the costs will be reasonable.

In addition to writing TMEs and making visuals, I also post some of my organization tools in the store. I have some internship director organizational tools as well as some of the things that I talk about on this blog - my session strategy sheet and my research-informed clinician worksheet for example are available for you to use.

If you are looking for a TME thought booster, please consider subscribing to sing about mini packets. Every month you will get a digital file that includes between 3-6 therapeutic music experiences, a visual file or two, suggestions for repertoire, and thoughts about music therapy. Subscribers get the packet on the 5th. Others can access single editions at any time. It's $27.00 for a three-month subscription - $9.00 a month.

I like making these things, and I know that I'll be making them for my interns and for my students even if no one else ever looks at them or wants to use them. If you are interested, then GREAT! Please take advantage of these resources, but remember the person who came up with the ideas and throw a little financial support their way. I keep my prices down very low on purpose, but it takes time, effort, and some financial input on my end to bring this to others.

By the way, I am going to have an exhibit booth at the Midwestern Region Conference this spring - do you think that finished file folders and books and planners and digital copies and stuff would be good for the exhibit?? I'm simultaneously thrilled and terrified of this idea, but I'm stepping up (courage, right??) and it fits in nicely with my word for 2020 - to be revealed soon!! Now, I need to start making things to sell to music therapists! How fun!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment