Saturday Already??

Here it is, already Saturday, and I haven't written a post since Monday morning. That is a bit because of my week, and a bit because I just like sleeping so much more these days than writing. I'm sorry about that because I do enjoy writing, but there are times when it is more than I can do to get up and sit at the computer.

Today, though, I have more time ahead of me, so I got my opportunity to recline and relax before having to get going. I am blogging this morning in the midst of crying and body malfunctions and mystery bruises that arrive overnight. I've heard it from many people - getting old is NO JOKE!

I think most of my current resistance to actually getting up is that I HAVE to get up. It is much easier for me to get going when I feel like getting going and not on a schedule that is not my own to control. Oh well. I will have a bit more control once I retire from this full-time existence. How many days?? *Just kidding - I have a monthly countdown going in my work planner!

I am heading back to my one day off schedule this weekend - as far as I know. I sent my letter to the church leadership about a month ago, and I haven't heard back as to what will be happening with part-time job #1. I am scheduled to return this week. I was going to provide special music, but the pastor cancelled it stating that he wanted "to do something different." No other information has been sent to me, so I guess I will just arrive to go to the service rather than starting my job responsibilities. Until I know what my job responsibilities are and what my pay change will entail in January, I guess I will just attend.

So, since my Sunday will be focused on work stuff for the near future (at least, until I hear about my job status), I will spend my Saturdays doing things here and out and about. I have to go to the pharmacy to get medications, and I want to go to the library this morning - maybe. I do not like going downtown and this is the start of our college town's move-in schedule, so things will be busy. I might just drop off books and use my libby app account a bit more. I am not a fan of traffic and crowds and paying for parking, so I think I will probably make Wednesday evenings my library night - less people around.

I am not sure if I want to do anything else today. I have a fridge full of food that I cannot eat for another week. I am not sure that the diet modifications that I am on have helped with my situation. It doesn't feel like it now, but I will figure it out. It is complicated to have to read all the ingredients of every single thing you ingest, but I understand the necessity as I continue to navigate strange digestive issues. My problem is that the dietary changes haven't really done what I need them to do right now. I just don't know what is happening - AGAIN - and that confuses me which sends me into a stress spiral which affects my digestive system which means that I have to remove things from my diet - AGAIN - and wait for my next diagnostic test. Gotta love it...because there is no other choice!

This week, in the music therapy room, we talked about choirs and our voices. We played around with Blob Opera (check it out - it is so much fun!) and sang about sounds. Next week, we will be making rhythm wheels and talking about patterns. We will focus on entrainment to an external stimulus and coordinating our bodies to different beats. In addition, we will explore music to help us focus on learning and emotional regulation. The second week of the new school year is usually more difficult to navigate than the first, so it pays to be prepared.

Thanks for reading this nothing about music therapy post. It is good to be back writing, and I will do my best to be a bit more present next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment