Fun Friday

It has been an interesting week. I have been back to work for one day, and things are looking up a bit. I was able to get the vacuuming done in my storage room. I took in my dolly and moved cabinets around to make the space a bit more conducive to my needs as a therapist and task box creator than as an intern office. If I get any more interns, then I will change things up again to accommodate those good humans, but for now, I am happy with the way it looks. The problem for today is that I have to do professional development but most of my paper stuff and visuals are in my main music therapy room rather than my storage area. They have to get back to the storage area by the end of today. I have to sort through, place in appropriate places, inventory the stuff, and then put it away - all while watching various videos about the usual stuff that we go through at the start of every year. I wish they would change the videos from year to year, but they do not.

All of this to say that I want to find some fun for this Friday.

At the moment, I am stuck more in the blase aspects of getting back to work and sorting through so much stuff than finding fun. I do have some organizing stuff to use for my visuals, so that is fun, but not much else is in that vein these days. Our day starts at 8am this morning and the afternoon goes until 4pm. I am not interested in staying in my stuffy room that long, but I have to stay until I am finished cleaning and sorting.

I spent most of yesterday moving things from one place to another. I spent some time sorting through bags of visual aids and papers - clearing out as much as I could. There is still so much more to do.

I haven't started on the instrument cabinets.

There is more to do than my body can take right now. I am not a young woman with a young back anymore, and I learned to take better care of me in the past couple of years. I used my dolly and was able to move two large cabinets with limited strain on me. Yay, me! I learned not to do things with my might and brawn but to use my tools and body more wisely. Right now, I am not looking forward to going back to the mess I made, but I have to.

I got to use my new planning book yesterday. The last planning book is not full, but I really needed a new one. The old one is falling apart, so the lure of the new, whole book called strongly. The new book is pink and has capybara stickers on it. It makes me smile to see the book sitting on my desk. A small pleasure, to be sure, but still...

The old planning book is now my meeting notebook. I can use it with abandon! No more writing in small lines - I can use my big handwriting, if I want to! What a feeling of freedom heading into this new year.

Sometimes, it is the little things that bring the most fun.

Time to move into this new year. See you soon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment