Being an Internship Supervisor On Hiatus: Introducing A New Resource for Music Therapy Students

It is Monday, and time to talk about music therapy internship things. I will be hosting a visitor on Thursday who might become an applicant later on. So, I guess my thoughts about closing things down will have to wait a bit more. We will see.

The primary purpose of this post is to advertise a new resource out there for music therapy students. This is the first chapter in an internship handbook that I have been writing for a long time, and I released it out into the world on Saturday. Please consider buying it, if you are a music therapy student who wants more information about getting an internship placement. It is available in my TPT store at this link. It includes a way of organizing information and a reproducible form for use. It is also only $2.50 USD. I hope to have the next part up by next Saturday - How to Prepare for Your Internship Once You Have One (title is a work in progress).

This is a labor of love for me. I am constantly amazed about what music therapy interns do and do not know about the process of being interns. I figure that having a resource focused only on internships might help music therapy students have a better grasp on what will be part of the internship. This first chapter, Finding Your Internship, focuses on the National Roster and internship procedures that IDs are required to perform as well as the responsibilities of applicants. It covers information about how to find internship programs as well as how to start the conversation about applications. The last part of the chapter includes recommendations for the interview and possible audition requirements.

My plans for this series of resources is to offer them at low cost to students and to cover all sorts of topics - with links to recorded lectures, if students are so inclined. I want to keep the prices low, but I hope that someone out there will find this resource handy when they are starting their internship process.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear AMTA

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment