What I'm Reading Wednesday

What I’m Reading: A picture of a hot cup of cocoa on top of three books. Under the graphic, the title, “What I’m Reading” is followed by smaller type that displays the URL, www.musictherapyworks.com. The last line of text reads “a new weekly series.”
Well, it is Wednesday again, and I have been up for a very long time. For some reason, I woke up in the midst of hot flashes that just kept on going and going about 1:30 am, so I've been awake for a long time already. Two lines of thunderstorms have come through my area, so it has been an interesting morning already.

Wednesdays are when I take some time to reflect on what I am reading, but it really isn't all that interesting, so I am going to veer a bit away from all that to my current reading quest.

About three weeks ago, I signed up for a library card for my town library. I went inside the library to get the physical card, but I am going to use this library card more for the digital resources it provides than the physical books - mainly because I hate going downtown to get to the library. There is just too many people downtown (it is our touristy place in my college town), and the roads are one-way until they aren't, and I just don't like the situation. There is a parking garage, but I am hesitant to use it for some reason. I did get my card, though. I also completed the summer reading challenge for adults, so I do need to go back to the library to get my coupons and rewards!

Reading is something that I have always enjoyed. I read to escape, to relax, to learn. I prefer fiction to non-fiction, and I often have a couple of books going at a time. Reading is my comfort place. When I arrive somewhere very early, I get out my book to pass the time.

I now have two Kindles. One is for my bedside and the other goes with me wherever I go. The bedside Kindle is a big one and the traveling Kindle is only 7 inches - paperback book size. That is the one that I read books on, and I am looking forward to accessing Libby a bit more for different types of books. (That's one of the digital resources that I am looking forward to using more with my new library card!)

It is rare that I don't have a book around me, but I had a bit of a lag with my reading. I think it started before the pandemic, but it got worse during those years. I have had to make reading a priority for my life again, and I am glad that I have because reading is what I do. Now that I am back in the habit of reading daily, I am finding that I am accessing TikTok less and less. 

Now, I am a tried and true book lover. I enjoy holding a book in my hands, smelling the pages, flipping the paper leaves, and flipping over things that I don't want to read in the moment. I will always be surrounded with physical books, but I am coming around to the convenience of my Kindle. I like having hundreds of books contained in a little bitty device that I can fit into all of my purses and that keeps going for hours and hours without needing a charge. (Just so you know, I am not affiliated with Amazon or Kindle in any way - I just like the devices that I have.) I do not pay for Kindle titles often. I usually take advantage of free books - lots of classics - so I have plenty to keep me going and reading and reading.

I am getting ready for our next summer break. During that break, I will be taking my little Kindle in the car as I drive to several destinations. I have loaded it up with television shows, movies, and books for some escape into fictional worlds. I hope that you have something that gives you what you need like I do with reading.

Happy Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment