What I'm Reading: Wednesday

What I’m Reading: A picture of a hot cup of cocoa on top of three books. Under the graphic, the title, “What I’m Reading” is followed by smaller type that displays the URL, www.musictherapyworks.com. The last line of text reads “a new weekly series.”
I am taking this Wednesday off from my job, and I am going to be doing some just-for-fun reading later today.

Most of my reading these days is just-for-fun reading, so this isn't really different, but I am diving back into the idea of library reading again, so that has changed. Also, let me explain the day off - I get four unpaid work days per year to use as I see fit, and I decided to use my last one today. If I don't use them in the contract year, then I basically donate a day where I don't get paid but work for free. I am not that dedicated to my job that I want to work and not be paid, so I am taking noncontract day #4 today.

I am going to eat spaghetti, read cozy mysteries, and nap if I want to. I am hoping that my lawn finally is mown today, but we will see. It has been cancelled, postponed, and lied about four times in the past week. I don't know if it will happen, but I am hoping it will be finished today. The weeds outside are pretty tall, and the city gets really persnickety when things get overgrown.

So, I am currently engaged in a library reading challenge. The challenge is to read ten books this summer and then get a whole slew of coupons and stuff. I am already five books in and anticipate that I will finish three more this weeked (at least). Once I finish my challenge, I will go get a cookie reward! (That's one of the benefits to finishing ten books!) I am enjoying getting back into library patterns again. I just have to get over my dislike for my local downtown area and go there.

I am getting ready to figure out what books I want to get when I go to the library this Friday. I try to get a variety of things - something that is an old book, something that is a topic that is not my go-to, and part of a series. I always find interesting things when I just go browsing. So, I will see what calls to me. I rarely get things like DVDs or audiobooks - they are not things that I need from the library. I go for books and books only.

I have not been to this library. It was renovated a long time ago, and I have not been any farther than the circulation desk so far. I stopped in to get my permanent card, but I did not have enough time to browse. This Friday, I will have time to browse (I think). For me, the biggest part of the library is the hunt for something to read. I can avoid some sections completely - I'm not into biographies or much nonfiction. I will go through aisles and aisles in fiction. My first trip into the library might be the start of many, or it might be the last time I go to the building itself. Who knows??

For now, though, I am going to start boiling up my spaghetti noodles and get ready to eat something good before reading something fun and silly and just for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment