Saturday: Time to Get Going

It is Saturday, and my Friday was a wasted day. I remained in bed throughout the day, taking occasional naps, reading books, and still sleeping all night. My home is still as disorganized as it was before, but I have a bit more energy this morning than I did yesterday. I need to change out of my pajamas to get the trash cans from the curb, but I am not planning on leaving my home other than that!

It is a good feeling to be able to just plan on being at home.

I am currently listening to an author talk about editing her recent book after getting alpha readers to read through it all. This creator is engaging online, and I tend to listen to her videos often because she just chats, and I like that. She is currently talking about spending lots of time on really small tasks and concepts in her story that really do not matter in the long run, but that will make big differences once she gets things done.

I can relate to her discussion about all of the things that she talks about. I like knowing that I am not the only one who struggles with the minutiae of my job and my creative processes and my chores. I will get bogged down by the fact that there are a whole bunch of trimmed file folders that have not been corner-rounded that will not contribute to the well-being of myself or my upcoming guests. Those folders are just distracting me right now - it would take me about 10 minutes to round those corners, but is it really what I should be doing right now?? (Goblin alert!) I have a HUGE stack of laminating that I need to do, but I do not have the laminating place set up on my desk yet, so I am not doing the laminating. That stack, though, is getting taller and taller as I keep going through projects and boxes. Taller and taller all the time!

My focus for today is the living/craft room. I want to get it so I can walk around it without having to contort myself into strange positions. To do that, I have to go through four boxes, move three other boxes, and then take the trash out to the trash cans. In the process of going through boxes, I will be adding to my "to-be laminated" stack, to the "this does not go here" stack, and to the "why in the world do I have this" stack!

Some of the things that are downstairs belong upstairs. Some of the things that are upstairs belong down here, but there is no space for them yet. I also have this vision of making these spaces as functional as possible - a place for everything and everything in its place. 

As I go through different things, I am decorating my walls with more and more art, shelves, and bric-a-brac. I hung my drums on the music room wall, and that has made a big difference in the decor in that room. I am putting up pictures and posters and instruments and Disney things and my Pop! Funko collectibles up on the walls where I can see them all the time rather than just occasionally when I uncover various boxes.

What I really need to do is my 30 minute format for chores and more fun things. I have a penguin timer within my eye gaze at the moment, so I can start things up. 30 minutes of work followed by 30 minutes of different work and repeat as needed.

It is time to get going. By the way, I was VERY serious when I offered to send out my handmade books. Let me know if you want one!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment