Saturday: Resting Day

I had a busy day yesterday. I arranged my library bookshelves, made some inquiries about refurbishing my guitars, got my new library card, found a new craft store where I picked up some new stuff to use in my books, bought three chairs for my home so my sister and my mother have someplace to sit while they are here, went to a movie, and then finished things up with some chili tots and a cheeseburger. I was busy, and I was happy during all of it - that is not something that usually happens when I am out shopping. It was a good day, but I am exhausted this morning.

I am going to work on things at my house today. I need to eat something, and I need to figure out how I am going to remove a heavy box of ruined records from the library to the trash can without killing my back. That is the last bit of stuff that is stinking up my library room. I can't hold it myself, so I will have to parcel it out - a bit at a time. Once that task is finished, I will have the room back to use. I want to measure the floor to ceiling height as well as the length of the closet so I can make some bookshelves for some of my fiction collection.

I have 20 days until my mother and my sister come to visit.

I am certainly in the "It looks worse before it looks better" part of this entire project. It is a bit overwhelming, but it always is before it gets finished. I still haven't found my Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy omnibus that I am seeking. It is in a box somewhere, but I don't know where it is!! I really want to read it right now, but it eludes me!!

I want to sort through some of the boxes in the library and the music room to identify what I want to keep and what needs to move out and on. That's the focus for today - making more space in the library and the music room. First, I want some spaghetti to fuel my efforts. It is time for some food and drink before I head into the world of boxes.

The other agenda item is to take a shower. That's all that I have on my list. I am not going to leave my house today at all. I am going to stay here, in my little home, and just work through those pesky boxes. I have some more storage options now, so it is time to get things corralled and into their places.

Time to go. See you tomorrow??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment