Fun Friday: Stationery Shopping and Using and Collecting, Oh My!

So, I have a problem. My problem is that I love paper. I like writing on it, getting as much of it as I can, and then reading from it. I have two shelves of scrapbooking paper and cardstock that I am trying very hard to use, but there are so many more designs that are out there, just waiting to be purchased... by me! As far as problems go, this isn't the worst one to have, but it can be an expensive one.

I have a smaller shelf of finished books that I have made that just sit there. No one has wanted to purchase one, but I continue to make them because the creation brings me joy. Do you want one?? I will send it to you!

The more I make, the more I get so I can make more things. This is the fundamental issue with being a creative person, I guess. I am feeling the urge to make another something today.

Unfortunately, my living space is not a place where I can spread out my materials quite yet. There is still some work to be done before I can use my glue and my paper and my paper cutters and all the stuff that I want to use. This is one of my problems with being a creative person - I am also a messy person so things get too complicated, even for me! I have to have a clean space before I can mess it up!

My most recent purchases were from a small business in my town that I happened to glimpse on my way to the library last week. I almost got rear-ended when I spontaneously turned into the parking lot, but that lady should not have been tailgating! I love paper and crafting stores, and this one was completely dedicated to paper! They have classes, and I am debating whether I sign up or not. I would like to become part of a crafting community, and this might be the place! (I just took the plunge for a small album class in about four weeks!)

When I checked out at the store, the proprietor asked me what I did as a crafter. I stated that I did as much as I could but really enjoyed making books. She pointed to a shelf full of books that she had made - many more than I have sitting on my own shelf, by the way. She also let me know about the classes while I was signing up for the email list. So, it is time to get going with my own space.

I didn't go too wild in the store last Friday. I spent about $46.00 on stuff - rainbow watercolor dragonflies, travel journal stickers for an upcoming vacation, and frames. I also bought two pieces of decorative paper - it was on sale, which I LOVED! I have a thought about how I want to use it, but I have not moved forward on it yet - because of the mess in my crafting space.

Speaking of, I need to get going with my cleaning for today. The library looks better, but the music room is nowhere near where I want it to be in two weeks, so I have my work set out in front of me for today. See you tomorrow? Perhaps I will have a new book to display.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment