Tuesday Musings - Just Thinking Too Much These Days...

Forgive my interrupted posting schedule. I am simply trying to figure out some things in my life, and this interruption is part of the figuring out part. I am at the end of this figuring out part, and that is a good feeling. I know where I will go in my near future, and that makes me feel happy.

Sorry for being so vague, but I cannot talk more about this topic. It is something that involves others besides just me, but there is something nice about being certain in my future, so there you go.

For now, I am enjoying an opportunity to turn my attention towards something that I really want to pursue in our field - competency-based clinical training.

I spent some time putting together a notebook with each of the AMTA Professional Competencies on a separate page. I intend to use this to parse out the competencies across all clinical training opportunities that music therapy students encounter in their preinternship and internship clinical training. It may sound funny, but I really believe that this is the direction that we need to go in our future. To be completely honest, I have felt this way for about 20 years now, and I wish that others saw it as clearly as I do.

I have some converts, but it is time to get some more to this way of thinking. I think that the place to start is the students themselves. My problem is that I am not where students are these days, so it is difficult to get the information to them. They don't read blogs.They don't seem to be on Facebook. They are on TikTok, but I am just a TikTok voyeur. I haven't posted anything on my account. Perhaps I will start. I wonder if I could do a competency-based TikTok something before the start of May...

There are many options available to me these days, and that is exactly the way I like it. Time to get cracking. I will probably not post tomorrow, but I will try to be back on Friday for some fun!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA