Revamping the Entire Blog - Trying Something New

I was able to wake up on time this morning and also haul my ponderous self out of my very comfortable bed only an hour later, so I am considering this a win. I have had significant difficulty getting up and out of bed since our last time change, and this is unusual for me. I can say that I feel 100% better than I did three days ago, so I am also considering that fact a win. As a result of recovering from my latest illness and my need to do things differently, I am trying to come up with new things to talk about here on my blog.

This happens occasionally. I get an urge to shake my thinking up and one of the ways that manifests is in new topics for this space.

So, I am not doing an internship supervision post today. If that is what you look for in my blog, please send me a message or leave a comment. I can continue that topic, if you want. Otherwise, I think I am going to leave that topic behind for a bit.

In the past, I have used the following Monday labels: Make It Monday and Music Monday. If I had a bit more time, I would look through those labels to see what I used them for in the past, but I don't have time today (got up later, remember??). So, I am flying without a guide to assist me here.

I want to find some new things to write about because I am feeling untethered at the moment. I am not sure what I have to write about any more, but I still feel that I want to write about something every day, so here I am...stuck in the middle...

At the moment, I have two possible futures ahead of me, and I know that this is contributing to my scattered emotions and need to control something that is happening around me. Knowing this does not fix or change the uncertainty, but it does help me define it which always helps me understand what is going on. I think this need for change that is going on in my brain right now is a coping mechanism. My blog is a place where I can control everything, so I think that is what is spurring this train of thought on and on.

What can I write about?

What do I want to write about?

What do I want to NOT write about in this space?

Do you do this? Are you better able to determine what you do want if you first identify what you do NOT want? That is how I make most of my decisions - I start with a determination of what I do NOT want. Do I want to continue in ____? If the answer is no, then I know that it is time to look for alternative paths. My Dad started me off with this type of evaluation, and it has worked for me. I do not like my themes on this blog right now. I am bored with them, but I also know that I do batter with themes than with just writing. If I simply write free-form, I tend to go into complaining mode rather than problem-solving mode. When I go into complaining mode, I tend to stay there for a long time. I don't like complaining mode, so I want themes.

I am sorry that I haven't settled on anything. That is my typical process. I tend to spend more time talking about something than actually doing it. After this, do I have any more insight into what I will be writing next Monday?? Not at all. I am hoping for some inspiration before next Monday... waiting... waiting... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA