Fun Friday: Sharing with Others

I had a chance to show off one of my organizational systems this week when I shared my songwriting kit with a group of students.

Sharing something that works for me is just plain old fun, and I enjoy it greatly. I like hearing what other people do in their systems, and I like sharing mine with others. This little songwriting kit is not fancy, but it does work for me, so why not let others in on the secret?

My songwriting kit is a pencil pouch that includes some sheet music paper cut to size for my cell phone camera to take pictures for sharing TME ideas, two mechanical pencils, a really good eraser, some post-it notes (of course), and some index cards. The pencil pouch fits in my work bag without taking up too much space, and it is a Star Wars themed pouch with my favorite character in it, so it always makes me smile when I see it.

Sometimes the simple things are the best.

I have this kit because I tend to have ideas flit through my head when I am not close to my computer or software. There are just times when ideas have to be captured or they will fly away, so I keep my kit around me.

What are the things that you always keep around you in your role as a music therapist in this world?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA