The One Week Per Year that I Have EVERYTHING Scheduled - Next Week!!

Does anyone else find that nothing happens for a very long time and then EVERYTHING happens during one week per quarter? This is the week that I am the busiest for my first part-time job, that of director of music at a church, so naturally all sorts of stuff is happening this week in addition to my full-time job and the events of Holy Week.

It starts today, the ramp-up, and continues until next Saturday when I will finally get a rest from it all. After that day, then the hoopla of Sunday begins.

This is going to be a busy week. I have appointments, discussions, errands, bills, all sorts of things that need to happen right now so they will get finished. To add to the stress that is coming, my allergic reactions to Spring are going strong. My lips are chapped, and I am coughing which is how all this always starts. So, I have exhaustion and breathing issues to look forward to as well. Let's hope that it will be better than I am thinking it will be.

I get to do my taxes today. Last year, I was hoping for a rebate and ended up not getting much of anything at all. I am hoping that my refund will cover the tax preparation costs, but I am not thinking it will. So, I am prepared for that eventuality. After that, I will sit at home (again) waiting for someone to come give my HVAC system an oversight and review. I am sure that they will tell me that I need a new system - that has been the one constant in this home ownership process. It is always interesting to see what they will try to sell me this time around. So far, it has been a new furnace and a new water heater - both of which are working fine but are older.

Last week's foray into the woodwind world was successful, by my metrics. Next week, I am going to be working on teaching a little bit about music notation. I will test their memories for where E is located on the treble clef staff. After that, we will place our neighbors on the staff. The rest of the session will be spent playing games of a variety of sorts. I would like to pull out my file folder board games, but I am not sure that they are all put together. I might need to make some new game cards before Monday morning.

It is pretty bad to be entering this week in a state of exhaustion, but I have to hope that I will be coherent and ready to move forward throughout. Time to get started. See you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA