TME Tuesday: One a Day - Can I Do It?

This year, I am going to try the 100 Day Challenge again. Last year, I made it through 36 days of doing something for the challenge, so I am going to strive to get the entire 100 days this time. I am still trying my TME challenge, so I am hoping to combine the two into one big challenge. For the first part of my challenge, I am going to make a small piece of art on rolodex cards. The second part is a TME challenge.

I do these things every once in a while. I set myself challenges and then try to do them. If I do not make it through the challenge, I tend to engage in some self-recrimination, but I am working on that as well - not doing the entire self-recrimination thing. Last year, I made 36 pieces of art. This year, I would like 100 new TMEs, but I will take what I can create as a positive contribution to my music therapy compendium.

I started a TME yesterday when I was at work. I started writing up something that my students are doing this week as we explore percussion instruments and dabble a bit in vocal percussion. I am getting a TME together for introducing students to the basic elements of beatboxing. So far, my students have responded pretty well to the TME, but I've only tried it with two groups. There will need to be more trials before I am completely finished with my TME development.

I have gone to my old-fashioned way of doing things for this project - my Word documents rather than my Google form. The Google form would be easier, but I am still tied to my documents for some reason. So, I will use both ways to enter my TMEs. I want to get back into playing my instruments and making music during the next 100 days - starting on Sunday.

It is time to get myself back into writing songs. I haven't written one for a while. It is time to start up again. I am going to use the tricks that I teach - using chance to help write melodies and rhythms, using the music theory I spent so much time learning, remembering my modes, and using piggyback songs to help with the musical format.

Today, I have three groups out of my usual five - two groups will be on a field trip, so they are canceled. I have an additional hour in my day to write and compose. I managed to clean up my office and it looks good. I have a good space to write and compose in for that extra time. I have to talk to my principal about next year's schedule so I get going on my intern selection for June, and that is going to happen today (I hope) since I have the extra time.

It is time to head out. I will write a song today. I will finish a TME today, and I will talk to my boss about next year so I can figure things out. See you later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA