Thoughtful Thursday: All Week...

All week, I have been getting some flashes of inspiration on things to write about on this blog, but I have NOT been writing them down, so here it is, writing time, and I have no guidance at all. It is pretty frustrating to realize that I need to write down every thought that comes into my head or they just flit on by.

Today is my late day, so I am sitting here after my late rising time, trying to convince myself that I have something to say... hmm.

This has not been an easy week in the areas surrounding my music therapy room. So far, my sessions have been pretty smooth with the exception of one kid chasing another one around, some passive staff members who spend more time looking at their watches than at students, and my own exhaustion. It is good to be back in the role of "therapist" again.

The rest of the school is pretty scattered these days. There are many situations going on that have not touched my small program - yet. I hate it when our students have significant issues, and we are unable to fix those issues. Right now, we have a cumulative effect going on - the "leaders" are stirring up the "lieutenants" and things are just a mess. I am hoping to get through today's session with many of the "leaders" without incident, but I am not counting on it.

It is time for my mantra/prayer. During my repetition of this mantra/prayer, I try my best to focus on wanting calm in chaos for myself. It does absolutely no good when I am unable to keep myself calm in the middle of crises. So, my mantra/prayer helps me to focus on calm.

I am working through my finger exercises every day. My finger is swollen again because I am making it work in ways it hasn't worked for months and months. It hurts all the time but that hasn't changed at all. 

I figured out a way to get a specific situation rectified for the OCMT today, and sent out information to all the people I needed to contact. I feel accomplished at the moment because I found a way to do something I needed to do.

I have five groups to run between now and the end of Friday. I have two individuals in that same time frame. Seven sessions in the next two days. That is not the schedule that I want, but that is the schedule that I have to live with at the moment. I am looking forward to some time in my storage room, rearranging materials and working on the task boxes that I have not touched for a long time.

Time to get going. See you tomorrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA